SCFFNews-Recipe of the Month
Parmesan-Panko Crusted Halibut
2 halibut fillets skin removed
1 tbsp olive oil divided
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1/2 cup plain panko crumbs
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over both sides of the fish then season both sides with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place a cooling rack on the baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray.
Side Note: Cooking the fish on the rack will allow the fish to be crispy on both sides without flipping it over while cooking.
3. Combine the panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, garlic powder, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste together on a plate. Dip the halibut in the panko mixture until evenly coated. Place the coated fish on top of the cooking rack.
4. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Side Note: This step will ensure the panko coating will stay on the fish.
5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray the top of each piece of fish with olive oil cooking spray. Place the baking sheet with the fish into the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flaky. Remove from the oven and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy.